What is the most popular Milestone Sign?
Here are the Top 5 milestone signs:
- First Birthday — to celebrate year 1.
- Baby Monthly Signs — to celebrate mini-monthly milestones during the first year.
- New Baby — aka 'It's a Boy/Girl' signs, seen at baby showers and pregnancy parties.
- Anniversary — to celebrate relationship milestones in later life.
- Dreamcatcher — these capture all the dreams you wish for your newborn.
How do I reuse my Milestone Signs?
Erase the chalk (or chalk marker) soon after your milestone party.
Then use a quality rubber eraser to remove any last bits of chalk or paint.
TIP: If you can't salvage your chalk surface, re-spray it with a can of cheap chalkboard paint. Let it dry, then you're good to go again.
How big should my Milestone Baby Sign be?
18 x 24 inches is a great starting point.
You can really go any size here, but you definitely want your sign big enough to be the star of the party.
Many hosts display the sign on either a table (next to the gifts and cake) or lean it against a wall.
I recommend making your sign taller (portrait size) for table displays, and wider (landscape size) for walls.
TIP: If you go the table route, use a small easel to hold it up.
What other fun Milestone Signs do you make?
We can design any chalkboard together for any milestone you want to celebrate.
But my favorites are dog milestone signs— that celebrate the lives of our puppies.
How much do Milestone Chalkboards cost?
Milestone chalkboard signs should cost you anywhere from $50 to $300.
The price will depend on your sign size, and word count... and the quality of your artist.
(here's my pricing.)
How do I make Milestone Chalkboard Signs?
It's easier than you think — here's how you do it:
- Go to your local hardware store (like Home Depot or Lowe's).
- Go to the lumber section and buy a 1/8 inch thick piece of tempered hardboard.
- Buy a can of Rust-Oleum chalkboard spray paint.
- Then go outside and spray your board on one side.
- Let it dry, then you're ready to start chalking!
TIP: At Home Depot, the hardboard initially comes in a 2 x 4' foot piece. Have an employee cut it down for you right there in the store to whatever size you want.
How much does it cost to make my own Milestone Sign?
Around ~$10 total.
If you go to your local hardware store (see the question above) and buy the 2 supplies you need:
- A 1/8 inch thick piece of tempered hardboard.
- A can of Rust-Oleum chalkboard spray paint.
Each one comes in around $5.
Do Milestone Signs only come in chalkboard?
They are the most fun material for milestone occasions. Trust me!
If you have any special requests, feel free to contact me.
Pick a Sign Type
LEARN ABOUT SPECIFIC SIGNS
Let’s Get Started
JUST A FEW QUESTIONS